A group of the Friends of Fort Royal are working on a history of Fort Royal - the area rather than the park or ancient monument. We haven't a place to put up displays, or the money to create them, so we are posting material here to begin with. It would be good at a later date to exhibit or publish the results, perhaps in conjunction with the possible improvements to the battle site.
- You can post any text directly in a comment below,
- or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your name, street address and telephone number if possible.
- If you are attaching a picture or anything else to your email, please mention it in the subject line so that we can tell it's not a virus!
- Send us anything about the history of your house and the people who lived in it, your street, remembered local shops and factories, things you dug up in the garden!.
- Take a photo or scan in an old one. Let us know about any prints or slides you have if you can't scan them.